POINTS TO REMEMBER
Parking Services Office
The Parking Services Office provides information to the college community and its visitors regarding parking on campus. The office is also responsible for processing the parking summonses issued by University Police, including collections, receipts, and parking appeals.
We are open during the semester:
Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Points to Remember
Parking rules are enforced 24-hours a day, seven days a week, 12 months a year.
- Any vehicle parked on Buffalo State property must display a valid parking permit.
- Parking in all lots is restricted to vehicles displaying parking permits valid for that particular lot. Parking lot regulations and restrictions are posted at lot entrances and must be observed by all motorists using the lots.
- Parking permits must be affixed in accordance with directions on the permit. Failure to display, or the improper display of, a parking permit is not an acceptable defense for parking violations.
- Parking permits are not transferable. Any infraction resulting from a permit transfer is valid and is the responsibility of the registered owner and permit holder.
- Student use of staff, vendor, or specially authorized parking permits is prohibited, and such violations will result in ticketing and/or towing of the vehicle and disciplinary action for the student.
- Falsification of information to obtain a permit subjects the offender to disciplinary action and/or criminal prosecution.
- Parking is prohibited on residence hall roadways.
- Notes or business cards are not acceptable substitutes for valid parking permits.
- Parking permits are issued to individuals and may be used only by the individuals to whom they are issued.
- Student, faculty/staff, vendor, or general reserve permits are not allowed in areas designated as Special Permit Only or Authorized Permit Only.
- Lots R-1, R-2, R-6, R-12, I-30 (staff area), I-34, I-35, I-37, and I-39 (staff area) allow student parking after 4:00 p.m. with a valid Buffalo State student parking permit. Lot I-32 allows student parking after 5:30 p.m
- No vehicle except those authorized by University Police may enter any area of campus that has been closed by barricades or other traffic-control devices.
- Disabled vehicles are not exempt from parking regulations, unless authorized by University Police.
- Payments for parking summonses must be received within 30 calendar days.