Skip to main content

Parking FAQs

Parking Services Office

Our Services

The Parking Services Office provides information to the college community and its visitors regarding parking on campus. The office is also responsible for processing the parking summonses issued by University Police, including collections, receipts, and parking appeals.

Contact Us

Parking Services Office
Moot Hall 260
Buffalo State
1300 Elmwood Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14222

Phone: (716) 878-3041
Fax: (716) 878-3384

Semester Hours

Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.

Faculty and Staff

Where can I obtain my faculty/staff parking permit?
Faculty and staff parking permits will be available for purchase online in mid-July.

I am hosting an event on campus.  How do I make parking arrangements?
The Events Management office must be notified of all campus-related events being held on campus.  Parking Services works closely with the Events Management office to provide the best parking accommodations available for an event. When you place your request with Events Management to use the campus facilities, they will request your parking needs from Parking Services. 


I will be visiting the campus. What do I need to park?
You may either pay at the meters or obtain a temporary visitor parking permit from Parking Services or University Police, located in Chase Hall.

How long do I have to pay at meters?
Parking meters are enforced from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Please check the back of the meter head for the maximum time limit allowed for that meter. 


I am driving a motorcycle to school. Do I need to purchase a parking permit?
Motorcycles do not require a parking permit to park on campus. However, motorcycles and mopeds must be parked in the designated motorcycle parking areas of Lots R-12, I-37, or R-5 along Rockwell Road. Motorcycles and mopeds parked elsewhere will be ticketed and/or towed.

I need to obtain a temporary parking permit but Parking Services is closed. What do I do?
University Police will issue a temporary parking permit valid for one day only if the Parking Services office is closed. They are located in Chase Hall across from Parking Services.

Parking Summonses

How long do I have to pay for a parking summons before a late fee is incurred?
You have 30 days from the date of the infraction (excluding the date of summons) before a penalty is incurred. The late fee is equal to the original amount of the parking summons.

How long do I have to pay for a parking summons after I have been found guilty at a hearing?
You have 15 days from the hearing date before a penalty is incurred on an appealed summons.  The late fee is equal to the original amount of the parking summons.

What if I don't pay my outstanding parking summonses?
Delinquent accounts may be subject to the towing of the vehicle. Additionally, any delinquent account can be turned over to a collections agency for payment.

My account has been turned over to the collections agency. What do I do?
All parking summonses that have been sent for collection may only be paid at the collections agency. No payment will be accepted for these outstanding summonses at Buffalo State.

My car has been towed. What do I do?
You will need to contact University Police to find out why the vehicle was towed. If it is for outstanding parking summonses, you will then have to contact Parking Services to obtain a printout of your outstanding balance and make arrangements for payment with Student Accounts. Once your account is paid in full, University Police will give you a release to take to the towing agency to pick up your vehicle.


Can I return my parking permit for a refund?
During the academic year, the parking fee is refundable within the first two weeks of class upon surrender of parking permit. Request for refund must be made in writing to the Parking Services Office with the permit attached. During summer session, requests for refund must be made prior to the first drop/add period.

I will only be taking courses for the fall semester. Can I get a refund for my parking permit?
Students may receive a parking permit refund only if they withdraw from the college or will not register for the second semester of an academic year. Requests must be made in writing to the Parking Services Office.

There is a traffic hold against my student account that prevents me from registering or getting a transcript.  What do I need to do?
All delinquent accounts must be paid in full prior to a traffic hold being released. Payments may be made by cash, check (if below $100), money order, or credit card and are payable at Student Accounts. Please allow 24 hours for a hold to be released.

Where can I park my car overnight?
Overnight parking (1:00 a.m.–6:00 a.m.) is prohibited on the Buffalo State campus except for Lots R-14, G-22, and I-39. Violators will be ticketed and/or towed.You may park your vehicle in Lots R-14, G-22, and I-39. A valid Buffalo State parking permit is required. You may not park your vehicle on Rockwell Road after 1:00 a.m. Temporary parking permits may be obtained for overnight guests at Parking Services or University Police and can be issued up to 3 days. 

Scroll Up

Scroll Down