The following consumer information is available as a service to the Buffalo State community, as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008.
To acquire additional consumer information pertaining to Buffalo State, please visit the College Navigator website (maintained by the U.S. Department of Education) and search Buffalo State in the "name of school" field.
- Accreditation of Institution and Programs
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Computer Use, File Sharing, and Copyright Infringement
- Constitution Day
- Educational Programs: Undergraduate | Graduate
- File Sharing
- Instructional Facilities
- Net Price Calculator
- Price of attendance
- Privacy of Student Records (FERPA)
- Student Diversity
- Student Activities
- Students with Disabilities
- Textbook Information
- Transfer of Credit Policies and Articulation Agreements
Health and Safety
All co-educational post secondary institutions that receive Title IV funding (i.e., those that participate in federal student aid programs) and that have an intercollegiate athletics program report athletics data annually to the Office of Post secondary Education of the U.S. Department of Education as required by the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA). The data is available for your review from the OPE Equity in Athletics Disclosure website.
Data that can be found on this site includes graduation rates for students receiving athletically related student aid (student right-to-Know Act) and program participation rates and financial support data (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act).
- Assistance Available from Federal, State, Local and Institutional Programs
- Financial Aid Contact Information
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Institutional code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Loan Counseling
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- Private Education Loan Information
- Refund Policy
- Requirements for Withdrawal
- Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Student Loan Information from the Department of Education
Student Right to Know
- Attendance Policy
- Catalogs and Course Listings
- Handbook of Student Policies
- Leave of Absence, Medical Leave of Absence, Withdrawal from College Policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Outcomes and Licensure Pass Rates
- Recruitment materials pertaining to accreditation status
Verification of Compliance with Accreditation-Relevant Federal Regulations
- Student identity verification in distance and correspondence education
- Transfer of credit policies and articulation agreements
- Title IV program responsibilities - See also "Intercollegiate Athletics."
- Institutional records of student complaints
- Required information for students and the public - See "Student Right to Know" information above.
- Standing with state and other accrediting agencies
- Contractual relationships - None to disclose.
- Assignment of credit hours