SUNY Buffalo State University's websites are designed to be accessible for all users. We are committed to accessibility—users with vision, motor, or hearing impairments, as well as browsers with older equipment, can experience our site. Our sites are standards-compliant, all of our sites are tested to meet the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) standards guidelines WCAG 2.0 priority-level AA.
Content Management System
The Buffalo State site is housed within Drupal, an open-source content management system (CMS). A suite of office and department templates is also powered by this CMS and is available to official Buffalo State web pages.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Buffalo State has designated an agent to receive notices of alleged web-based copyright infringement:
1300 Elmwood Ave.
Buffalo, New York 14222
Guidelines for Copyright Complaints
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act specifies that infringement claims be submitted in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and include the following:
- a physical or electronic signature
- identification of the copyrighted work
- identification of the infringing material and information sufficient to locate the material
- contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, electronic mail address
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Email and Network Accounts/Web Servers
Email and network accounts and web servers are maintained by the IT Help Desk. If you having a problem with/have a question about your email or network account, please call us.
Site Issues and Feedback
Are we missing something? Is something incorrect? Have you found a broken link or an error page? If you would like to report a technical issue, suggest content, or request a content correction—or if you have a question or comment about the Buffalo State website—please contact us.
Site Maintenance and Development
The web team, part of the Marketing and Communications Office, is responsible for the Buffalo State website, which is directed to prospective and current students, alumni, faculty and staff, donors, and the general community.
We strive for the best online product possible. In order to achieve this standard, we rely on research, the latest accessible technology, and user communication. Feedback is an indispensable part of our development process. Contact us with questions or comments about the Buffalo State site.
Buffalo State website managers are encouraged to have traffic reports run regularly for their department, office, or center site, as the resulting data will vastly improve your online benchmarking efforts.
Drupal site users: Please contact the Marketing and Communications Office to request Google Analytics site reporting.