Accelerate, Complete, Engage (ACE)
ACE at Buffalo State University is a comprehensive program designed to help students complete their academic journey to a bachelor’s degree on time. Modeled on CUNY’s Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP), ACE provides a range of financial, academic, and personal support, including intensive academic advisement and career counseling, as well as tuition, textbook, and Bengal Bucks.
Think of the Buffalo State ACE team as trusted guides to help you stay on track and graduate on time.
What Makes ACE Unique
We are committed to your academic success and making college more affordable for you!
As a Buffalo State ACE student, you’ll receive:
- Monthly Bengal Bucks deposit upon meeting program requirements
- A Dedicated ACE Advisor and Career Specialist to guide your progress from entry to graduation
- Textbook Assistance to reduce (or eliminate) the cost of the textbook
- Enhanced Career Development and Academic Support Services
- Early Course Registration Options
- A Tuition Gap scholarship (for students in receipt of financial aid)
- Winter/Summer Course Scholarships
- Graduate School Preparation
- 4 + 1 Pathway options and assistance
Contact ACE Buffalo State University
What do I need to do?
- Maintain full-time status (at least 15 credits or 5 courses each semester)
- Enroll in courses during the Winter or Summer term, if 30 credits are not earned by the end of academic year
- Meet individually with an ACE Advisor at least twice a month or as needed
- Participate in all academic support and career development activities, at least once a month
- Students must study in an approved ACE major and adhere to course schedule outlined by their advisor.
- All ACE students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application each year. (Students under the New York Dream Act may be eligible to receive state aid, including TAP, Excelsior, and other state-administered scholarships)
- Commit to graduating within four years (freshmen) and adhere to course schedules and degree maps outlined by your advisor.
Accelerate, Complete, Engage (ACE) Program eligibility criteria and majors.
You may be eligible for ACE if you answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you an incoming freshman, continuing student with 21 or less credits and a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Are you a New York State resident and/or eligible for in-state tuition?
- Completed the FAFSA using York College Code 002842 and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application (TAP) using college code 0905)
(*Students not receiving financial aid due to immigration status may join ACE but will not receive a tuition gap scholarship.)
Note: Students cannot participate in ACE and EOP. Say Yes, Honors, Roar 2 Success are not eligible for ACE.