About the Program
Students are required to take 18 credit hours, distributed in the following manner, to fulfill the requirements of a minor in hospitality and tourism.
Courses within the minor provide for both general and specialized preparation.
About the Hospitality and Tourism Department
334 Caudell Hall
1300 Elmwood Ave
Buffalo, NY 14222
Phone: (716) 878-5913
Fax: (716) 878-5834
Hospitality Administration minor guidelines:
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 is required for admission to the hospitality minor program, which consists of 18 credit hours.
- A maximum of two lower-division (100- and 200-level) courses may be accepted.
- A maximum of two courses may be transferred.
- All prerequisite courses for the hospitality major are included in the minor program.
- Only degree-seeking, matriculated students may be accepted into the minor program.
- The minor program is not available to students majoring in hospitality administration
Students are required to take 18 credit hours, distributed in the following manner, to fulfill the requirements of a minor in hospitality and tourism:
Required Courses (9 credit hours)
HTR 110 INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM 3
HTR 368 HOTEL OPERATIONS 3
HTR 400 CATERING MANAGEMENT 3
Electives Selected by Advisement (9 credit hours)
Select three from the following: 9
HTR 100 MULTICULTURAL FOODS
HTR 200 SANITATION AND SAFETY IN FOOD SERVICE
HTR 305 APPLIED CULINARY ARTS
HTR 330 FUNDAMENTALS OF BAKESHOP PRODUCTION
HTR 335 WINE ESSENTIALS
HTR 365 MENU DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
HTR 375 EVENTS MANAGEMENT
HTR 380 ADVANCED TRAINING IN HOSPITALITY
HTR 385 PRIVATE CLUB MANAGEMENT
HTR 390 STRATEGIC MARKETING IN HOSPITALITY
HTR 408 CONVENTIONS, MEETINGS, AND EXPOSITIONS
HTR 418 TOURISM MANAGEMENT
HTR 468 HOTEL MANAGEMENT
Total Credit Hours 18