Buffalo State Is Here to Help
As a Buffalo State student, you will have the distinct advantage of learning with and from an incredibly diverse and creative community. We welcome you—your voice, your ideas, your passion—here at Buffalo State.
Apply for Free!
- Apply to transfer for free using the SUNY application
-Select Buffalo State
-Use the Special Campus Code “MAVS” (you will not be billed!)
-Select the “mail-in payment” option
- Complete the FERPA form with Medaille to allow them to send your transcript to us for free.
Buffalo State tuition is highly competitive and will yield great savings for you.
- Submit your FAFSA and TAP applications: Our FAFSA code is 002842 and TAP code is 0905.
- You will also be considered for additional grants and scholarships
- Visit the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Vibrant Campus Life
Our campus offers state-of-the-art classrooms and labs, but we know a large part of the university experience happens outside the classroom. Buffalo State’s diverse and creative environment will help you form friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
A Location You Love
Buffalo State is a highly walkable 125-acre SUNY campus located in the eclectic Elmwood Village neighborhood. The same area you've grown to know and love while a student at Medaille.
|Medaille University||Buffalo State University|
|Applied Mathematics||Applied Mathematics | Mathematics|
|Biology||Biology (B.A.) | Biology (B.S.)|
|Business Administration (B.S.)||Business Administration (B.S.)|
|Communication||Communication Studies | Journalism | Media Production|
|Criminal Justice||Criminal Justice|
|Early Childhood Education & Childhood Education: Birth-Grade 6||Early Childhood Education & Childhood Education (Combined Program) | Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 2) | Childhood Education (Grade 1-6)|
|English||English | Writing|
|International Studies||International Relations|
Medaille Transfer FAQ
- We offer rolling admissions, but we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- The SUNY application closes August 4, 2023. All supplemental materials, such as transcripts, must be received in our Admissions Office by August 11, 2023.
- You can apply for free using the SUNY application – Use the Special Campus Code “MAVS” after you select the Buffalo State Campus and select the “mail-in payment” option (you will not be billed!) when you go to submit your application.
- Have your Medaille official transcript sent directly to Buffalo State, along with official transcripts from any other college you may have attended.
- All of your Medaille credits will transfer, provided we have a comparable program.
- Use the Transfer Articulation at Buffalo State (TABS) database to get an idea of how your classes will transfer. If you do not see a course, we will work with the academic department to determine its Buffalo State equivalent.
- If you have completed more than 90 credits, our Academic Affairs division will work one-on-one with you regarding those additional credits.
- You will be considered for need-based aid – please submit your FAFSA and TAP (if you are a New York State resident) applications: Our FAFSA code is 002842, our TAP code is 0905 – this will be linked after you complete the FAFSA
- You will also be considered for additional grant funding
- Students who have at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA and will have completed at least 24 credits will be considered for merit scholarships
- You will be eligible to be enrolled in EOP at Buffalo State University. We will confirm your HEOP enrollment with Medaille.
- Yes! You can live in one of our 11 residence halls. Learn more about your housing options on our Residence Life website.
For International Applicants:
Assistant Director of International Admissions
Hours of community engagement
Undergraduates offered Financial Aid
Classes with fewer than 40 students